Hey everyone! I know it’s a little late to be posting this since my prom was more than a month ago, but still, I wanted to share this experience because it was truly unique and amazing.
Where I come from, prom happens only once in your life. You only get your senior prom, and for this, the whole class has to work really hard throughout high school and raise money to actually have a prom after your graduation.
Anyway, since this is a once in a lifetime experience, my amazing parents, knowing how extra I am, decided that I could have a custom dress. This means I went to a local designer so that I could have the dress of my dreams, and let me tell you, it was everything I wished for and more.
Here is me, twirling in my princess-like dress. ♥
What inspired my dress
When I first met with the designer I was only sure of two things, I wanted to look princess-like and the color was going to be red. When I told her this, she then asked me who was my favorite celebrity, and I of course told her Taylor Swift. So basically Taylor was the whole inspiration for this amazing dress, especially this picture:
Speak Now era, to me, has always been the most magical. The whole album is amazing and story-like and it’s one of my favorites ever. The designer loved the idea but she thought it was not enough.
In the end, the skirt of the dress had a lot of tulle to give it the princess style, the top was heart shaped and the back of it was simulating a corset. Also, the designer added scattered gold roses throughout ALL of the dress to make it unique.
I was so happy with the end results and it was better than anything I could’ve imagined!
For my hair, my sister curled it (also inspired by Taylor) but I wanted to have like a half up/half down kind of thing, so I asked the designer to give me some of the roses that she didn’t use so I could pin them in my hair and it turned out amazing. Sadly, I didn’t think to take any pictures of it, but here is a gif taken when I was about to take a picture with the photographer:
Look, this day I was really excited and nervous so I didn’t think to take amazing pictures of my makeup, plus I was running late, like I always do hahaha. But I still wanted to share this awkward candid pic, it was the ONLY ONE that showed a bit of my makeup, and what products I used because girl I did my makeup and I worked really hard that day!
- moisturizer: first aid beauty skin rescue oil-free mattifying gel
- primer: smashbox photo finish & skindinavia primer spray
- color corrector: maybelline master camo & Sephora + Pantone universe palette correct and conceal
- foundation: maybelline fit me! matte+poreless (220 natural beige)
- concealer: nars radiant creamy concealer ( medium 1.5 macadamia)
- cream bronzer: wet n’wild mega cushion contour (Café Au Slay!)
- loose setting powder: laura mercies translucent)
- finishing powder: l’oréal paris true match powder (W6) & covergirl outlast all-day (light to medium)
- contour: Kat von D Shade + Light face palette
- highlight: Becca shimmering skin perfector (champagne pop)
- setting spray: skindinavia oil control makeup finishing spray
Brows and Eyes
- brows: ABH perfect brow pencil (dark brown)
- eyeshadows: m.a.c. cosmetics soft brown, morphe 35F fall into frost eyeshadow palette, maybelline expert wear in night sky
- glitter: urban decay heavy metal in midnight cowboy
- eyeliner: inglot eyeliner gel #77 & KVD tattoo liner in trooper
- eyelashes: house of lashes iconics
- mascara: it cosmetics hello lashes & l’oréal telescopic (bottom lashes)
- lipliner: make up for ever aqua lip in 8C
- lipstick: kylie cosmetics matte liquid lipstick in mary jo k
Hope you enjoyed this post!
Feel free to comment down bellow, I would love to know your thoughts or what you did for your senior prom.