Hello lovelies! today I’m going to be sharing with you how I do my everyday makeup routine. I want to mention that while I don’t wear makeup every day, this is my go to look when I go out and want something semi simple.
Also, I want to point out that although some of this products work great on me, they may not be the same for you because everyone likes different things and has different skin type.
For those of you that are curious, I have acne prone skin so it get’s oily, and I have some dry parches as well.
(Also my pics are not the best so if you have suggestions on camera and lighting, please leave a comment down below, I would be very grateful)
So without further ado, let’s get started!
- Primer: Smashbox photo finish foundation primer
- foundation: L’Oréal true match in the shade W4
- concealer: nars radiant creamy concealer in the shade macadamia
- powder: Laura Mercier translucent loose setting powder
- contour: Kat Von D Shade+Light Contour palette
- highlight: Becca shimmering skin perfector in champagne pop
- setting spray: skindinavia oil control makeup finishing spray
- eyeshadows: M.A.C soft brown, Colourpop central perk
- liner: inglot eyeliner gel #77 & KVD tattoo liner in trooper
- mascara: it cosmetics hello lashes!
- brows: ABH perfect brow pencil in dark brown & rimmel london brow this way brow styling gel
- lipstick: maybelline matte lipstick in clay crush (#656) & urban decay matte lipstick in stark naked
- gloss: I don’t add gloss often but when I do its Make Up For Ever artist plexi-gloss #101
How I do it
When the eye makeup is easy, I start with the face.
First I apply my primer and let it adhere to my face, I use the smashbox one because it covers up my pores really well. Then I go in with foundation and concealer. After I blend my under-eye concealer I quickly apply setting powder so it doesn’t crease. After that, I go in with bronzer which I apply on my cheeks, forehead, little bit on the nose and under my chin. Highlight, I honestly love highlight, but for an everyday look I just apply a little bit on my cheeks, under my brow bone, tip of my nose and cupid’s bow. finally I use my setting spray to make it last all day long.
So I go very simple on the eyes for an everyday look. After I prime with my concealer and set it with some translucent powder, I start to blend a medium brown shade on my crease and a darker color on the outer corner to create more depth.
When I’m done with the shadows I go in with eyeliner. I love a winged liner because I honestly feel confident whenever I do it, but the process is awful. I literally hold my breath when I’m doing it. Anyway, first I use a gel liner. I find that when I hold the brush, I have more control than if I were to use my KVD trooper brush tip. But because I have hooded eyes, if I only use the gel liner, throughout the day it will transfer to my crease and I hate that so I use the KVD tattoo liner on top of it to set it, because that one doesn’t budge.
I then move to my lashes. I use my eyelash curler and then apply mascara. Finally, I do my brows with my pencil and then apply some brow gel to complete the eye look.
Lips are pretty simple, usually I use a nude lipstick. This day I decide to use two. First I applied maybelline clay crush and on top of it a lighter nude, stark naked by urban decay, to make my lips look bigger. As a last step, I sometimes apply a gloss so it looks even more poutier.
Hope you enjoyed this post!
If you have any suggestions on how to take pics or anything else about this post, please leave a comment. I’m still new and learning how I should organize my posts.